2019年4月24日星期三


Chapter 1: The Purpose of Learning


Before I entered workforce, I had been studying throughout my life. I used to wonder why do we have to go through the study process. As parents and teachers always tell you that, ''you must do well in your academic study so that you can get a job, get married, and have children'', is it the only reason why we should be studying? 

I do not want to argue with the statement, as I do agree that we need education that could eventually sustain our survival and provide us with substantial living. However, it would be pathetic to see million of students being sent to school, going through standardized, formal education, for the sole purpose of getting hired.


Before I take on the topic, I would invite you to think about this question: 

Why are you learning? 


Students all over the world receive formal education from government schools ( or private schools) to become work-proficient talents, so that they could contribute to the society and enjoy 'better life'.  
However, how do you define 'better life'? Does earning a decent income consider better life, if it is a dull job with no future career prospect? Does pursuing passionate job considered 'better life', but you couldn't feed yourself with sufficient income? 

The illustration that I want to display is simple: Find the real meaning of your life (passion) and live it well (survival), and strike a balance between your interest and reality. 

Majority of us seek to pursue survival over our passion. We are prone to choose money-driven Diploma/Degree (Business, IT, Engineering, Professionals) over mere interest. Although we do have people who see those as their real careers, most of us are forced to study 'popular' subjects because we want to achieve self sustainable living. The outcome is that we ended up sacrifice our passions to pursue survival, which I deem as 'pathetic' life.

I wish I could inform the world that, if we wish to, we could try our best to achieve ideal life, by planning sustainable life with your passionate subjects.

Not everyone of us are born to be entrepreneurs, neither are we destined to be slaves (employees) of others. Our destinies depends on our choices on education and careers, which could be planned wisely.

For students who are still studying in school/college, do consider what kind of future you want to achieve, while planning for your future, strike a balance between passion and reality, so that you will gradually achieve your goal.





没有评论:

发表评论

Chapter 1: The Purpose of Learning Before I entered workforce, I had been studying throughout my life. I used to wonder why do we ha...